How to Get Your Clothes Wrinkle-Free Without Ironing
How to Get Your Clothes Wrinkle-Free Without Ironing. If a business meeting or engagement comes up with little notice, you may find yourself scrambling for a way to get your best outfit presentable. This is especially true if you are traveling or in the middle of moving. There are several options available to smooth your clothes, even if you do not have an iron.
- 1 cup plain white vinegar
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 4 to 6 tennis balls
Hang your clothes up in the bathroom while you take a hot shower. The steam will smooth out the wrinkles so your clothes can be ready to wear quickly.
Run your clothes through five minutes in the air-dry cycle on your clothes dryer. This will fluff out the wrinkles.
Minimize the chances of the wrinkles happening in the first place by hanging your clothes in your closet as soon as they finish drying. The longer clothes sit in the dryer after they dry, the more wrinkled they will become.
- Add 1/2 cup baking soda to the washing machine when you add your detergent to give the detergent an extra boost. Baking soda eliminates odors and contributes to whiter whites and brighter colors.
- If you have a garment that's particularly prone to wrinkles, add a clean, wet washcloth to the dryer along with the clothes and tennis balls. However, if you've used the vinegar, your clothes should be mostly wrinkle-free by the time they come out of the wash.
- Do not use this method with a large load of laundry. To be effective, the tennis balls need space to move around. Divide your laundry into small or medium-sized loads.
- University of Idaho: Cutting Utility and Energy Costs
- Eastern New Mexico University: Changing Personal Consumption Patterns to Benefit Our Planet